GOOD LUCK! to sampat Wan Rong & Fang Cheng for fyp presentation tommorrow!
GOOD LUCK! to dingding for OIPP presentation tomorrow!
Mourns and stares at the 10 journal papers on IPS cells in front of thyself. That'll be what I'm doing for the rest of my lab-work-less days besides doing my report..
With the fyp presentation over on wednesday, I just had my first official 'slack' day in lab today. God.. I wish I have a labtop seriously for convenience's sake! Watching everybody in my lab typing furiously on their labtops make me feel guilty of not getting to work on my report yet. But I've to watch helplessly and wait for my DT cos I wanted to train myself in cell culturing before heading off to nus. So in the process of waiting.. I started drawing and sketching animals on the paper package of C-fold towel. Sorry to have disturbed anyone if I did today. :(
Guess I'll be saving up for one when I further my studies next year.
Presentation.. wasn't that bad. Just that was pretty guilty that I wasn't as well-prepared as the first presentation (even though I talked really fast and gave a one hour presentation!). My confidence level was on and off for background and for some reason.. I've to admit that I didn't rehearse much. But I'm glad that Dr Guo understands my results at the end! I didn't asked about my exact presentation grade but hope it's as nice as what MR said.
Sigh.. I'm bad at designing a presentation that lasts within the allocated time frame le.. how? Bet I can't be a lecturer bah.. or my students will be bored-stiff!
Received good and bad news today.
Good news: The attachment at nus department of biological sciences (DBS) lab in replace of DSO is 'more confirmed'. And... it's gonna be paid just like the amount that I'll get if I go to DSO. So no 'sacrifice' involved.
Bad news: But attachment is not very confirmed yet la.
Tutoring with the p5 kid was terminated cos her mum wants a p6 teacher. Even though it's just in time before my attachment starts - I also felt that I lack the experience and drill as a teacher yet. Sigh.. I seemed to have lost the 'authoritative aura' ever since I stepped down as a P. Why?!
MR told us something on wednesday that struck me greatly. At first, I thought it's gonna be alright to forgo my IAP allowance just for a greater opportunity and experience because I get to do research topics that not every student can do. But he said something like "..don't worry about the money side... a/p C have managed to sort out some funds to pay you and I believed that if you're good enough, student deserves to be paid.... AB (his previous supervisor) also fought for pay for me and I did get it.." & "if you didn't get it.. I'll rather you go to DSO"
It is all just so realistic. I really appreciate that and it just gave me a very big form of encouragement in all that effort that I've put in... I'll always bear that in mind. Really hope to say a very big big thank you!
Well.. even though Dr MR don't make a very excellent lecturer, but he's a great supervisor! Lols.. if only the couple of us can tell him striaght that "Cher'.. chill! We really don't hate your stem cells' lectures!"
No comments:
Post a Comment