Saturday, November 08, 2008

The final lap of fyp..

No.. I'm not graduating yet cos I've yet to go through IAP.

2 weeks left of fyp.. that means 2nd assessment is just so near - major presentation, AES website, final report, solids' talk summaries.. You name it. The best part is.. I've not touched any of it yet.

Argh.. I just wish that there were soft copies of all those stuffs and notes that I've jotted painstakingly in my log book. Now that I've to think of ways to transfer all those hand written stuffs into the computer. :| How long will that take?!

Within just a short span of three months, I've been through many changes in perspective of things - Be it decisions in my future career path, plans for further studies, as well as things to pursue in future. Though some say FYP is boring, I say that it's a really worthwhile experience that trains one who's thinking of embarking in a scientific career. It's not about waiting for orders to do something but seeking for ways to solve a problem, analyse results, and troubleshoot to finally get the answer/end result. Being diligent, analytical, patience, perseverance is just so crucial.

Well.. that includes 'pestering' supervisor and dt - but not to the extreme! I'm really thankful for the chance to work under these people. Really thankful.

Sigh.. I keep having problems in getting the desired plasmid construct of one of the cardiac promoters. Why have I been so 'lucky' in clones selection? I know that I'm being ambitious.. but I have the desire to at least get the right construct and do transfection into the rat cardiomyocytes. Proving that both promoters work is my ultimate goal! Sigh.. if only I don't have to do paper work and presentation.. I guess that's part and parcel of a researcher.

No comments: