Besides getting Ang Baos, another amusing thing about CNY is the noting on how your distant relatives have changed after a year. Time really do flies.. Especially on cousins who have grown so much in height (that includes my dear younger brother who's now standing at 179 cm).
Okay.. I shan't brag about why my dear brother can be so tall when his dear sis is only 160 cm.
I'm not a sociable person.. so if you're to put me in a room of relatives whom I only met once or twice a year, I'll definitely find a 'remote' spot and make myself-comfortable. E.g. borrowing my cousin's desktop and watch nodame cantabile (i'm SO gonna blog about this).. *whoo~*
Anyway, this filial daughter here went new year shopping with her mum days ago. Bored daughter here decided to take snip shots of the fruits around her then. (As part of our CNY traditional, we've to buy fruits to offer to our gods at home during new year's eve. )
That's my mum's hand btw. Choosing my favourite fruit - yellow pear!
Ever heard of.. the famous traditional chinese medicine mushroom - Ling Zi?
It's a REAL Ling Zi Tree. Cool right? (apologies for the blur picture)
I wonder if the price is as cool too.
Here's my cutest cousin (Jia Le) with her birthday cake while celebrating her 5th birthday on sat recently. (I forget her actual birthdate).
But but.. check out her flowery ice cream cake! Pretty satisfied with the 2nd shot I took with my camera phone. =)
Not much time left to enjoy CNY.. hopefully there's gambling this coming weekends with my cousins.
Having to start mugging next week! Speaking of semestral exams in less than two weeks' time.
Now that some of my non-chinese classmates have already started revision, how can I not panic?
Chill, ET.
Planning has to be done soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment