I've been dying to blog about this so much.

Nodame Cantabile. You can read and watch whatever you like here.

Featuring Ueno Juri as Nodame Megumi and Tamaki Hiroshi *screams* as Chiaki Shinichi, I recommend this japan drama series to all classical music freaks out there. Seriously, this is the first japan drama series that got me so hooked after so long.. I think the last japan drama I watched was.. Long Vacation (another piano-related series if I remembered correctly)? That's like.. a few years ago!
Besides it's really nice plot setting, I really like their 'fun-filled quirky romantic story of two very opposite people' who are extremely musically talented. I love almost every single piece of orchestral music and piano music played. Beethoven Symphony No. 7! Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue! Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D Op. 35! Brahms' Symphony No. 1 in C!

I think the person who came up with this story must be some classical music expert. The way he writes chiaki's thoughts are amazing - they show a really profound understanding of the different classical pieces that were played, the quality of music, history of composer etc. I really applaud the writer for doing such a great job in those musical details. It made me recall my times as a 'o' level music student when we've to study Prokofiev like mad. Why he compose his piece like that? Trying to analyze the music elements that he used during that music period. His Life - How he died, how many wives he had etc.
A very amazing piece of work - I meant the live action drama. Do catch the making of nodame cantabile if you have the time. Will very much love to read the manga cos this live action only covers the first nine chapters of the comic series.

Moreover, I think Ueno Juri did a good job as nodame, which I think isn't a very easy character to play. (She won an award for best actress btw.) Both Tamaki and Juri portray their characters well.. how a pianist should be when they're playing the piano, the facial expressions etc.

Amidst that funny and romantic plot, I really love to see how Chiaki pursue his passion as a conductor. How Nodame finally realize her real purpose in playing piano (besides wishing to be in par with chiaki so that they can be together). Though being a fictional drama, there are some bits stuffs that are applicable to real life. E.g. playing a piece of music requires understanding of what the composer is trying to say. It changes people's perception of classical music as 'boring' music.
Lols.. yes.. like how Suee scream about Chiaki (Tamaki) during ve sessions - I admit that he's good-looking in this drama. Wahahaha, like Keenu Reeves in Constantine. How to say leh? Good-looking in a serious, mature, manly way (when in formal wear). No wonder he's such a heartthrob in the drama.

I give this drama a 9 on a scale of 10. Catch it! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment