Should I? or Should I not go?
Sometimes, being the eldest can be a disadvantage in some ways. With considerations about the financial constraints in my family, there are little things I can do - I can't take up voice lessons, even completing my piano grade. These are partly due to my polytechnic fees - which takes about 1000 bucks per month. Each time we got the notification letter regarding school fees, my mum has to struggle and find means to dig out that sum of money.
I haven't been doing a good job as the eldest sibling in the family too. I should be playing a part about this - finding a job to cover my allowance. Time and again, I've been finding excuses - lack of time, too many commitments. But to think of it, I haven't been sorting my time well for that free time.
Perhaps its time to do something about this. The need for me to exercise even stringent ways to push me into getting a part time job. Hope that words do turn into action this time.
Fang Cheng was talking to me about OIPP earlier. How I can start saving for it if I were to going as the 2nd batch from dec 08 to fec 09. I personally admire her for her ability to analyse and map a financial plan so well. Actually, I think everybody can, so long as you put in the effort to do it - argh.. just like how I used to plan for activities in ccas.
I think the solution will definitely work if 1) I get to work for both march's and september's vacation, 2) I save thriftily from now on. But even if it does, is it really worth it to save so much for just that three months of program? Or won't it be a better choice if I start saving for university fees now?
Whatever it is, I really need to discuss with both my parents and uncle about this. If I want, I need to be really convincing. But chances are slim because 1) brother wants to get a new lappy/desktop so that I won't need to compete with him, 2) going OIPP will be an additional load for my family - on top of a lot of things.
Guess that will perhaps lead to a NO.
Don't go won't die one right? Though I'll miss a good experience. Hope that I get attachments with good companies locally ba.
No comments:
Post a Comment