Sunday, January 27, 2008

Muahaha! Finally changed my blogskin. =)

How's green for you? Lols.. at least good for eyes ma..

I finally say sayonara to my old blogskin which i kinda use for.. more than a year? Oops..

Week 15's over finally! Still got week 16 to go before it's CNY and Study break. Year two's gonna end soon!

Heehee, finally had a meet up (after SO long, haha) with shang yi, tanya, yvonne, yuan wen yesterday - the good old choir clique back in phs. Was supposed to be dinner for us but in the end, we either are full or have no appetite. So coincidental!

Learnt a lot about how each other's doing with their part time jobs. Anyway, I think I kinda listen a lot than talk yesterday. Feel so odd one out.. haha.. cos I'm the only one still studying while the rest just finished A's. Hope I can get to work like them in my long vacations and after my graduation.

Hope can meet up again! Cos there's so much to catch up on. Maybe go visiting during CNY, or just meet up for a simple meal once in a while.

I think many people, be it parents, jc students, o level students have the concept that poly students are extremely slack in their curriculum, and that polytechnic students are inferior to jc students. Sad to say, I used to be one of them, while I was an o level student. Having an L1R5 of 18 just dashed my hopes on going on a good JC while the all of my closest mates could. Even though I have the intentions on going to IJC or YJC, my mother and uncle told me to pursue a poly course (which wasn't what I wanted at first).

So, I became all alone as I take on the poly route - like how I was separated from my primary school friends. Sometimes, I really envy friends who are from the same pri sch, sec sch, and eventually, same jc class or poly course. I've to go through the process of making new friends - which can be a painful chore for a person like me cos I'm am very individualistic.

In my new course were students with better L1R5 than me - even people with single digit score. But when I got my first semester's result, I did better than I thought. Even better than students with good 'O' level score. It is from then that I know that it is not the end yet - so long as you don't give up on yourself and persevere on, you can still do well.

I really beg to differ if many of you guys think that poly students are very slack. Cos to do well, you can't afford to do so. In poly, there are almost no spoon-feeding from teachers. The grade for each module don't just depend on a single exam. Every single assignment you do - from lab reports to projects, common test to semestral exam - everything counts to earn simple A, even getting a DIST. So long as you do your work diligently and slack at the right time, polytechnic students still have to chance to get into good universities and exemption from relevant uni course modules.

Well, well.. as for myself.. Gotta buck up on BPT fast. Or else my academic transcript will really have C this year. Semesteral Exams start in mid feb!! One week after CNY!!

Haha.. so much for blogging and tempering with blog's html today. Headache~

No comments: