Friday, January 04, 2008

Haha.. though this update came pretty late. Well, so here's how 2007 goes.


Probably its because of nyp's schedule, I didn't really had the feeling of new year. And yes, there comes a time when people (including me) starts cursing on how exam schedules are so near chinese new year. Suay isn't it? I'm still gonna 'suffer' this for two more years anyway.


Then comes March and April - the busiest period I ever had throughout the entire year.


Even though its holidays, I had almost no holidays then. Had SCL leadership training camp, followed by election as VE president, committee training, club crawl planning, SCL freshmen orientation, school 15th anniversary performance, research training in school, and finally, dance musical. And thankfully, all of these is over and I've gained lot of great experience too - making of inauguration drink (muahahaha), planning for freshman orientation's registration, coaching by babes condes (singapore idol voice coach) and jimmy ye (CSS2 voice coach), plus singing with school's SO!


No forgetting the times when the new ve committee gets to work. Being almost not familiar to all aspects of programme planning - we are faced with many obstacles - dropping members' strength, successful camp but weak attendance. Nevertheless, we manage to pull through events one after another. Singing and performing lion sleeps tonight for almost uncountable times this year. Trying to look retro for one of our committee performances. Then a successful concert camp, concert, retreat, and finally caroling cum community service.


May!! The month of phantom of the opera!! The dream of watching my most favourite musical came true! Manage to get my POTO soundtrack (by original cast) cd that I want very much since I first heard of this musical years back. Let's see.. hopefully Les Mis/Wicked/Miss Saigon comes to Singapore sometime soon? :)


Then comes the month where I got my first job @ NEA - September. Collecting blood and saliva samples for research studies. Zzz.. it'll be much cooler if we are involved in lab work! Well well, so long as there's $$ - Who cares anyway :P.


October was month of les voix concert preparation. A really successful one I should say. Great job people! I'm so gonna miss the times in camp where the comm have to discuss things overnight - but ended up gossiping. Nevertheless, everything is fun, fun, fun though its concert camp. I'm so gonna miss the dubula times!! Muahaha...


November - Orion was something new to me even though it's just a school singing competition. Overall, it's been a nice experience with a different batch of people that loves singing (but more of the pop genre). But guess I still refer the classic genre more.


The 07 school term ended off officially with common tests. No matter how hard you try not to think of the outcome, there'll always be that tint of fear there. I guess I can never be immune to failure. Hope that my days as an 18-year-old will end on a brighter note too =).


Haha. Decided to combined my new year resolutions with my birthday wish. So here it goes:
1) To be able to sing and perform as usual (Please don't let sch schedule clash with VE concert) *Prays hard*
2) I want to do something big! *Still pretty much under construction* Maybe set up a vocal group, or arranging songs? I don't know. Hopefully there's some golden opportunity out there for me. Otherwise, do something bizarre - beyond my usual boundaries.
3) Survive the rest of my semesters with flying colours. The journey seems short, but still, a pretty long way to go. First, year 2 semester 2. I can never pray hard enough.
4) Lesser slacking, more hardworking
5) Overseas Attachment (End of Year). Financial wise - its hard. So that pretty much involves financial planning now. Anyone with tutoring lobangs, or whatever, please do not hesitate to approach me. Your help is very much appreciated =).
6) To hang out with friends for often. Spend more time with friends.. hopefully more times when I can actually sing out loud with a group of people without caring about what others think.
7) Increase confidence level of thyself and all matter that thy do
8) More effective management and planning skills - for projects especially
9) Be bolder!
10) Be richer! Huat ah! --> more shopping, more concerts (Musicals! XD)


Lols.. I guess I listed too many intangibles items. So here's my tangible ones :P:
1) Latest albums of Josh Groban (Awake), Corrinne May
2) Otherwise, any contemporary classic vocal albums - Il Divo, andrea bocelli, hayley westerna, chloe etc. I won't mind pavarotti. :)
3) I'm a hot fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber, musicals and acapella music. So I won't mind anything that's related to that. =P.
4) Accessories - necklaces, belt, earrings, top
5) Kenzo Flower Eau D'Ete Summer Fragrance =P
6) Water bottle?
7) Nice food
8) Anything nice =)
9) Surprises.


*yawns* guess that pretty ends my long entry.. heehee.

No comments: