Thursday, January 03, 2008

Really sorry for the lack of updates.


There have been much happenings. Christmas with relatives and cousins, VE CSC caroling for community service, plus my first ever countdown for new year with a couple of ve peers - which makes it really meaningful. Am really thankful to have those moments during that very short term break. For now, my only regret is that I am unable to fork out a time to meet up my old pals and catch up with old times. Projects - reports - projects are just revolving around me now.


Yvonne, Jocelyn, Yuan Wen - I miss the New York New York meal! Really hope we can still find a chance to meet up amidst our busy school and job schedules. I don't mind shopping for new year clothes!

KMK - I couldn't manage to fork a time out to meet up with him before he gets enlisted to NS. Still feeling rather guilty. Why must common test just fall at that period?


Shang Yi, Tanya - Been ages since we met! And ages since we last sang together too. Sigh.. why even meeting up after A levels is so hard for Y family seniors? Really hope we can meet up soon.


I'm tired of being the one to always remind people of datelines. Always having to be the one to initiate things. And why must so much things happen at the same time and interfere with the progress of our projects? I hate myself for being so gullible and forgivable at times - having to end up suffering and doing much of the 'sai kang' (meaning 'shit work' in hokkien). Too individualistic - i tend to think too much of others and end up doing a lot of work myself. No - I haven't been very happy since the resume of school term. Just want to pray for strength and perseverance to survive this ordeal. And yes, I am indeed very fearful of the project outcomes at this rate - really hope that something can still be done to make things go right.


Went for an NTU talk in school today regarding the various degree courses (of related field) that they offer for my course. The session really kept me in thoughts regarding my current GPA - will I still be as consistent for the next 2 and a half semesters? Many people tell me, "Ai yah tian! Don't need to worry la. GPA so good. Surely can one." To tell the truth, never can I have an ease of mind off academics - cos of many times, consistency in work saved me despite doing weakly for final exams for certain modules. To much surprise, even grades for those modules are better than those in which I have higher expectations for. So coming thus far is never easy before.


There's a Chinese saying which quotes: 'The higher your expectations are, the harder your fall will be.' Yes, I had a very painful fall two years back due to a high expectation. Flashbacks of that intense disappointment have steered me on til today. The fall has made me more fearful of failure.


So much for now. Shall update about new year's resolution some time soon.

No comments: