Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I slept only 4 hours yesterday.


Ok! Before anyone starts nagging.. I was rushing through Molecular Genetics' report. And just because of that, everyone of us were like sleeping only at 3, 4, 5am last night.


Haha.. before I start my naggings, here's what my report is about:
Drosophila*Please click guest account*


Go play around with the mating of flies. Cross this fly with that fly, knocked them out with some chemical and see them under microscope.


Looks pretty like some game site eh? No. We've got to analyse the inheritance patterns of flies across generations. I think those who did the report must be cursing these flies now. Lols.


I had a really interesting practical yesterday. Molecular Genetics again. But I think it's my favourite practical lesson for this semester.


Imagine viewing some live, 1mm long transparent worms under the microscope. Really wish I could just video that down but you know. It's impossible unless you got those expensive equipment for that. Ah!!


With naked eye, you can still see them moving on the petri dishes slowly. 1mm worms! Cute!


Listening to: Nella Fantasia by Russell Watson




*ps: ignore the video. Just listen to the song.. hahaha


Nella fantasia io vedo un mondo giusto, (In my fantasy I see a just world,)
Li tutti vivono in pace e in onestà. (Where everyone lives in peace and in honesty.)
Io sogno d'anime che sono sempre libere, (I dream of spirits that are always free,)
Come le nuvole che volano, (Like the clouds that fly,)
Pien' d'umanità in fondo all'anima. (Full of humanity in the depths of the spirit.)


Nella fantasia io vedo un mondo chiaro, (In my fantasy I see a bright world,)
Li anche la notte è meno oscura. (Where each night there is less darkness.)
Io sogno d'anime che sono sempre libere, (I dream of spirits that are always free,)
Come le nuvole che volano. (Like the clouds that fly.)


Nella fantasia esiste un vento caldo, (In my fantasy exists a warm wind,)
Che soffia sulle città, come amico. (That breathes into the city, like a friend.)
Io sogno d'anime che sono sempre libere, (I dream of spirits that are always free,)
Come le nuvole che volano, (Like the clouds that fly,)
Pien' d'umanità in fondo all'anima. (Full of humanity in the depths of the spirit.)



A really lovely piece which gave me lots of goosebumps. In fact, this version is the one that I first heard 'nella' in. The original version was sang by sarah brightman and even Il Divo did the english version of it.


Here's another version of it by Chloe Agnew.





Which is better? That's for you to judge. =)


I haven't heard all versions of nella yet. But I really like the one by russell watson. Whatever singer is it, the song still gave me goosebumps.


More goosebumps for you!!


Somewhere (from West Side Story Musical) in acapella version:


Shall end my entry here. Ciaoz!

No comments: