I first heard 'Dream a dream' while I was still in Secondary 2. Was a HUGE charlotte church fan then (but not now obviously) and I still remembered that yvonne gave me a burnt cd of Charlotte Church's Prelude for one of my birthday presents. 'Dream a dream' also happened to be one of the songs in the album that both of us like really much.
One thing that I mistook for these years: I thought Charlotte Church was the only one singing that song all along.
Until 4 years later when I stumbled onto this video recently.
My first reaction was, 'Hey! So this song is actually a duet between Charlotte and Billy (the cute little boy).'
Second reaction was: 'Omgosh. The boy has a really beautiful voice.'
Well, of course, people do grow up. Charlotte Church is no longer that young soprano but some speaker in some talkshow. Billy Gilman has obviously broken his voice and grown up too.
Spot the Difference *Please watch the video first before you do so*
I'm sure you'll be as stunned as me when you saw the change.
OKAY. This change is not the main topic of the day. Just relieving some past memories of my early teen actually. =) I'm sure I will be a fan of his too if I know more about of him during my early teens
These kids are so fortunate. (Actually, they are almost the same age as me now) Their talents are spotted way early and they get to gain stardome at such a young age.
Today's molecular genetics was disappointing (or rather, frustrating?). I hate it when teachers set questions that have twists in the language of the question. In the end, the working concept was there but the number to use was wrong. There goes the marks...
And I'll rather that she don't give us the answers to the exam questions (at least after we got our results back). This is simply demoralising.
Argh.. some 'sea mammal' just pissed me and my classmate off today.
I (to my classmate): Huh! Got pt prac today meh?
Mammal says smirkingly: 'Oh, You guys didn't listen during his practical meh? I thought Mr Michael did mention that during the last week's practical?'
Been to SCL commissioning today. If only I can be there earlier to watch Meena speak! Michael!! Why put protein tech prac today! ZZzzz.. But anyway, Mr Michael was kinda cute when fang cheng and I told him that we need to leave early for commissioning.
Michael: "Oh.. if only the commissioning was next week!"
Lols. I arrived and found my seat just on time before my name was annouced to get the certificate from the SCL (LS) director. Was in complete daze when my name was annouced. Then not long after that, the commissioning ended!
Not sure if Meena is reading this.. but anyway, *Meena WOooOOOoo* really wish you all the best! President of SCL CLUB! Shan't forget the times when we have to crack our head for the welfare department. Don't forget this half-head too, okay? No matter how tough the things are, always have faith in yourself! I'm sure you can bring the club to greater heights! =)
Same goes for yamone and wahyudin. The welfare and social head :P. All the best for the 7th EXCO!
Anyway, shall end here. Happy deepavali to all! Let's hope that I'll completed my reports before 4 tomorrow.
Dream a Dream By Charlotte Church (featuring billy gilman)
When the night is still
And the sea is calm
Lonely shadow, you call upon me
Lay by my side
Fear not tonight
Lonely shadow, you'll find a new light
Dream a dream
And see through angel's eyes
A place where we can fly away
Ride with me upon a shining star,
Above the moonlit sky
We will find Elysium
Hear the nightingale
Sing a lullaby
Lonely shadow, you'll find a new light
Dawn will be kind,
All will be bright,
Lonely shadow, rise from the darkness
Dream a dream
No comments:
Post a Comment