Sunday, May 13, 2007

POTO ROCKS MY SOCKS!


It's been such a long wait! Couldn't believe that I was actually sitting in esplanade just hours ago and catching the musical that I've been dying to watch since long time ago. Actually felt blood gushing in me when the overture played while the chandelier raises.


Yes - I LOVE the visual effects. How the chandelier rises and collapses. Misty, glassy lake with candles that rose mysteriously. Rowing boat. AMAZING! During the journey down the lair, you'll wonder how phantom and christine suddenly appears high up on stage within a short period of time. During 'The Mirror' scene, you'll wonder how phantom can appear behind the mirror while christine's reflection is still there.


I think Brad Little made a nice phantom. The best cast out of all! Think Rebecca Pitcher (Christine) had too much vibratos that made all her sounded very much like Carlotta. Felt that her vibratos made her sounded off with the orchestra accompaniment sometimes - especially 'think of me' and 'wishing you were somehow here again'. But 'Phantom of the Opera' song sounded nice. Lols, so much comments.. Guess I listen too much to sarah brightman's and emmy russem's rendition. But, even sarah used lesser vibrato than rebacca. Like Ah Moo, felt that Raoul sounded quacky too. I prefer a more deeper and darker tone like steve barton.


Anyway, was almost late for the show! Was getting down to esplanade from my uncle's place and I only reached cityhall control station at 1345. Show starts at 1400! So I ran all the way - luckily it's not that crowded and I manage to reach 5 minutes before show starts. Bought the 25 bucks program booklet and 33 bucks original cast soundtrack - yes, I'm very broke. XD.


HMV having sale man! POTO VCDs and DVDs selling only at $9.95 and $16.95 respectively. Super cheap! But I wanted the movie soundtrack only which can't find. :(.


Gosh, I'm such a freak of POTO. Better start HW and reports before I die. Aha.

No comments: