Saturday, December 17, 2005

carolling to-mol-low! =)

Whee! I'm rather excited currently.. It's finally gonna be our very first carolling performance over at marrott hotel! Do catch us around 3.30 to 5pm if you happen to pop by orchard. =)

This entire week was tensely packed with singing - but I'm never gonna get tired of it! Had to comment that his rendition was quite a nice one.. but pretty hard to sing - especially the other parts. Soprano always gets the melody.. so it's the simplest lar! Was kinda trembling from hunger today while only a couple of us presented were learning the new carolling song arranged by yang kai. Singing too long for hours can really drain off all your energy - some more we've been going through the same phrase for hours. Finally could rush off for lunch to restore our energy.

I've finally got my ears' pierce! My mother was asking me on tuesday if I wanna have ear holes - felt rather surprised.. cos I've always want to but didn't ask. I'll have to wait til christmas before I could get to put new earrings on!

I've got my first try in bowling on wednesday with my brother and shiang yng. So cool! Gonna try that more next time.. but the ball was so heavy and I've could only manage holding a 9 ball. My younger brother - whose 10 cm higher than me.. could manage a 10 ball.. but I scored a better score than him! Shiang Yng of couse much better lar! :X

The feeling of christmas is so nice.. at least I've could spent christmas eve with a couple of the choir seniors this year for carolling. Really hope we could stay after carolling on friday 23th to roaming the christmas lights along orchard, take pictures.. and OMG I must be getting over-excited..

Feeling rather lazy to update on my malaysia trip.. but anyway.. during our night at kuala lumpur, my family was about to turn in when we saw fireworks from our hotel room! On the other hand.. my parents said the room was sort of haunted.. so they asked for a change of room in the middle of the night. Luckily did we not miss the fireworks and nice view of the twin towers.

I had to comment about the bus stations at malaysia.. - really horrible! We were about to board the bus to Perak while we walked along the road that waa filled with sewage apills due to the repair works that was in the process. As the result, we had to tolerate the stench even on bus. At least it's more cleaner in singapore.. bus stations less chaotic.. and no awful stench from spilled sewage.

I had very little idea about my paternal relatives.. just only tiny bits of memories back when I was still a primary school kid. Most of my cousins were either married or has graduated from universities.. Some of them got kids already - which makes me an auntie! However, I had new younger cousins whom I've never met before..

Tai ping - that's where they stay.. was rather like olden days singapore. There were very old cars which were still commonly seen on the roads. Those cars which were over 10 years old.. Attache houses, and sometimes, there's nicely built bungalows that stood out a midst of them..

There were tons of mosquitos and flies whereever you went! There were little hotels available, so we had to end up staying at my uncle's house for the rest of the days. My mother was pretty scared that we might get dengue.. so on the entire trip, we were applying layers and layers of insect repellant oil on our skin. The very interesting thing was.. the people there wasn't afraid of it at all..

A very kampong like place.. there were still people growing rambutans, durians. The only great thing to command is that shopping there was really reasonable.. for most of the goods are really cheap for singaporeans.. There's also very nice scenic view of the mountains.. My father brought us to see the real rapids that's really flowing down the mountain.

That's all for now.. hopefully carolling would be a success tomorrow! =)

No comments: