Friday, September 30, 2005

demoralising..

I've been in a state of dilemma for these couple of days. My prelim results are bringing me to a state of depression - everyone are like picking up their paces real fast while I'm one of the few who only made small progessions.

No matter how well I do in sciences and maths, my grades for english and humanities would always drag me far beyond my goal. Is that the furthest I can go?

I've been trying all means to improve english, but all end up in vain. I pick up the habit of reading books later last year, and took up courses at british council, but none could push me further beyond that dreadful border line. My grades were like a roller-coaster, with ups and downs. Never before have I touched B3 since I was secondary three. How could I ever improve my comprehension skills? Just how can I do so?

But there's lesson to be learnt:
~ Never ever leave questions blank
~ Make full use of time during paper and revision
~ Aim for perfection
~ No tv during exam period - I've learnt my lesson :S

At least these marks gave me motivation to do even better for 'O' levels. There isn't much JC options left for me.. but anyway, I could give it a try in the remaining options and see what's like for JC life.

I'm gonna watch STOMP soon! At least that marks the very last day that I'll enjoy before I'm ready to start revision again.. Jia you!! erm.. make it second last instead.. coz I wanna watch corpse bride too.. yeap ;).

Hopefully the phs alumni choir will gain places in the hotels for x'mas carols at the end of year (so I can earn $$ too).. muahahaha...

That's all..

No comments: