Wednesday, October 05, 2005

give me the strength to carry on

I've made a long silent journey back from school today, letting thoughts run through my mind. At those moments, I'm just simply reflecting on the couple of things I've done for prelims.

The moment of isolation was just what I needed - at least no one on the train cares about what I was thinking. I thought about my academics, how I came to have high expectations of myself; to climb up the ladder again. But time and again, I was crushed by the reality.

I've realised how I've setted my goals without making efforts to achieve it. That actions speak louder than what I thought. That there were numerous temptations which
weren't avoided during the period of exams. That I wasn't putting my entire heart into achieving the goal.

There's a chinese saying which states about how everything you do comes with a price.. How success will only be achieved through hard work. Some lessons to pick up for me.

No use crying over spilled milk.

Give me the strength to carry on the last lap...

No comments: