Jun yang's elimination had upset many people.. and last night, my parents and I were having our eyes fixed on the television set as the results were annouced. But the one on the screen wasn't junyang. Even the black horse xin huey was eliminated.. and do noticed how both had achieved high marks but in the end got eliminated. Even my parents were asking why jun yang was eliminated.
After reading so many mails about the elimination from yahoo groups, I felt that the main fault still lies with us... we singaporeans. And I'm just one of them..and I really disappointed on how we people appreciate stars..(on looks rather than singing ability) Why should people out there be caring about a person's nationality and fashion sense, instead of their ability to sing? Why are people voting for sympathy instead of their voices? I can assure you that the competition lies with us the voters instead of the organising commitee and judges.
After Singapore Idol which give 100% voting rights to the audience.. like what's held in American Idol, we could just tell how great the difference is from the stars that was emerged from both countries. Remember Ruben? One of the champions from american idol? Why does he still win despite his obesity? Because he had the vocals of the idol. How about singapore idol? I could once recall a plump malay girl who had vocals suitable for disney songs.. but she didn't got in.
When superstar was broadcasted, you could see how the results are slowly being emerged. People like William who got highest initially got kicked out the first round.. just because he's not a "pure-singaporean"... Basically it's just the matter of fact that most singaporeans are "generous" and "kind-hearted"... and that cute-looking contestants got in instead of those who sang well.
Initially, I thought 70% votes are fair enough for us. But now, I think singaporeans should perhaps be trained on how to identify stars and have music sense before such competitions are organised with mostly votings from singaporeans. Tell them how to identify shows.... (and for goodness sake, this is a superstar, NOT see who's fans richer, or who cuter, or charity show).
I'm actually supporting wei lian too but the fact that he's commented for making effort to move on stage.. is just.. excuse me? THIS IS A SUPERSTAR SHOW! Not see who is more pitiful. I had to admit that mediacorp has a part to play in helping the contestants pull votes at such... but I think they've really gotten worse this time by pulling votes like exactly how they encourage the people to vote in NKF.
We should never blame the judges coz we can't deny the fact that they are music professionals. They know whether the contestants are well, whether did they improve and whether they have the characteristic of a superstar. I don't think they're biased, and even if they did, I still think that they did a good job in rating the contestant's singing availbility. Wei lian may had tried to moving himself on stage *very well*, but did his singing improved as well as jun yang through the semi finals 4? I can assure you.. a NO.. like what I say, this is a singing competition.. not charity. And from the girls finals, it's really obvious that kelly has reached her best limits in terms of vocals while xin huey is improving despite her bad dressing sense from the judges' comments. Xin huey is already ahead of kelly in terms of vocals, and no one should deny that.
Neither do I blame mediacorp coz they make us realise junyang by organising this superstar. And bear in mind that now he has his fan base from this competition.. it's a definite one that record companies will sign after him. All we should ever blame instead, is us, singaporeans.. xin huey doesn't dress well, but bear in mind that she had less experience in dressing as compared to kelly who has attended poly and gets to learn how to dress. Thus, is it fair to judge her based on that? No. And we should never ever ever judge a star based on her nationality...coz it's really unfair. Jun yang has talents, but many so call "generous people" voted for wei lian's "tremedous effort" that he make on stage.
I really hoping that OB music will keep him and make him famous like how lin jun jie is now. The superstar show which I thought would be a success is now a failure.. and I'll not catch wei lian in finals to see him shuffle on the indoor stadium stage (that is going to be a more tedious one for him). Jun yang's sale of singles shall outshine wei lian's singles in future...
At least finally I can concentrate in my studies. :)
I just found out that "Wayne" who was mentioned by jun yang last night refers to lin jun jie! They're JC friends and no wonder they so similar..hahaha!!
Links:
Read this! About jun yang after elimination and how he's related to JJ Lin
www.hongjunyang.com
www.superstarjy.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment