Friday, September 02, 2005

let the battle begins - mugging period starts.. -.-"

I know it's been rather long since I last updated my entries..

Prelims finally started.. We're done with English and Social Studies! At least there's still a week of rest before the suffering period begins again..

I was down with red eyes last week that made me stuck at home for four school days. In fact, some classmates in my class were also down with other forms of illness.. all because of the stupid germs flying in the air. Anyway, I was pretty annoyed over my brother who passed the germs. Gurg.. Had to miss the last practical before prelims.

Last thursday was music prelims.. and I had to made my way down to st. nics as no retake are given for the paper. I was busy sighing the entire morning after the teacher-in-charge told me to head down.. The entire thursday morning was spent on quick revision of the prepared abstract - Prokofiev.

I'm sorta undergoing the "quarantee" while I talked to people. People avoiding my eyes while talking.. Bo bian lar.. who ask my idiot brother to spread the disease to me.. Gurg.. And finally the entire music paper lasted from 3.30 to 7.00 - including breaks.

Teacher's day celebrations were held on wednesday - in fact, it turned out to be the most boring celebrations I've been through (except for the speech part by tee hao and the teachers which were quite inspiring.. especially miss lily teo's). Just wondering if my dreams will come true in future.. but meanwhile, I've got to concentrate on 'O' levels!

Superstar finals.. and this time, it was my father who made the calls for kelly. I didn't! The entire day was just spent on tv instead of hitting my social studies' books.. (only managed to revise two chapters in the end!) Kelvin wins.. and my parents and I were like pinpointing on his singing style. The only section that he did well was the song accompanied with his selected backup singers.. coz the guys sing far more better than the girls' back up!

So what that he wins? It's only a title that he's got.. but the better recording company is given to Kelly! I don't really supported Kelly but I had to agree that she had a better performance overall as compared to Kelvin. She sang her chosen song well, and her duet with JJ has captured the groove in which Kelvin didn't. Junyang sang 'Guardian Angel' and a duet of 'Wu Ding' with xin huey both sounded quite good that night!

What irritates me most this time was how the singaporeans voted. Wei lian may have a touching voice, but it could only be meant for old songs that most suits his vocals. Noticed how he struggled with JJ as he sang his duet with him.. and he has limited vocal range. His high notes were poorly reached in both of his last songs.. and the climax of both his songs were neither being brought out. So in conclusion, is it sympathy that made people vote for him? Yes.. cause they voted for his courage to perform.. How marvellous..but hey, is this a see who couragous competition? No! Is a see who talented competition who is able to sing well..

Just my point of view.. but anyway. Superstar is finally, officially over! Mugging time can start.. lol.. but it's still the matter is fact on whether I have self-control over my time-management.

I know it's bo liao.. but xu huan liang won the superjudge!! my favourite judge.. lols. Followed by Wei song, Fei Hui.. dots..

JJ rox - Junyang rox - Xuhuanliang rox -

That's all for entry til the end of prelims!!! Good Luck to all!!!!

No comments: