Teacher's day..
Yesterday's practice had been a memorable one with miss yee. It's been kind of fun for us, singing songs in the middle of the night? Not so "gua zhang" I suppose? It's like, shang yi's neighbour called and say we sung quite nice. We're laughing like hell after that! Tried correcting the parts, chatting with miss yee at the same time.
Miss yee is such a nice person with damn good sight-reading :D. Kind of poor thing for her to travel from west to north, living in the very west of singapore? We're going to do that song for concert.. but hopefully not tea song again. She was suggesting mission impossible, I'll be there for you, Canon in D in vocal. It's really cool! I meant, a vocal version of an instrumental piece. Sort of heard how "flight of bumblebee" sound like when sang by swinger singers. It's really nice :D. Thanks for that luo hao guo drink from shang yi, and well, we gave miss yee her first teacher's day present!
Talent quest..
I was stunned when the judges gave the marks. Really stunned, as we never expect anyone to like our song, being those seventies, sixties style. Perhaps things would be better if we've done "I'll be there for you"? The audience was just like what we anticipated, singing those high "oo"s and boos like that. "Things still have to go on.. ok?" I was pressing that thought on my head. Just like trying to fight off those nervousness and disappointment with that.
Choir is just choir. People only like rock and pop nowadays, but we know! People fancy thoughts that choir is just siao ding dang people singing funeral songs. I'll tell you, that's very PATHETIC. Different genre has it's style. Rock and hip gives a jumpy and shaky mood, classical had it's other ways. Just like people with different taste. Does that make sense to you?
That is all about harmonising, which applies to all songs. Not all songs sound nice with clashed chords, with make acapella difficult. One out tune, and everyone dies.
Really give thanks to those who had helped us greatly, especially miss yee! Not forgetting yang kai and others too. For the rest, don't be too upset :) cheer up! Everyone had really done a great job, and three cheers to all who participated!
Happy teacher's day..
I've been back to my primary school after receiving my maths papers. Everybody changed! And I almost couldn't recognise yue ying, lee yun and steven? And that yi kun don't recognised me..."are you from the same batch?" Have I change that lot? We've spent sometime talking to Mrs Tang. So nice of her.
That's all I'll write..
No comments:
Post a Comment