Thursday, January 01, 2004

A bid of farewell to 2003..

The time now is 5.30. Exactly 7.5 hours to a brand new year!
Yesterday's concert was just successful. There goes another event to mark in this special year.

As we look back into the days, or even months, there simply so many events to reflect. As people look back through the years, there's usually significant events to represent that particular year you have in your mind. Mine is no exception.. how about yours?! Here goes my summary of my year...

The first month usually marks the beginning of things. A month in which I start my secondary two life, and learn things that we're supposed to learn. So goes my birthday! I was the first time that I've received the most presents from my friends. I was really glad my birthday was not forgotten, for it usually was..

February..
It was the first time to celebrate chinese new year at my form teacher's house, Mr Soon! Our first class gathering of the year.
Same goes for my first love, after all the crushes and stuff. I learn what's love and how the taste or feeling is like. My first valentine present too! And really thanks to it, I started this journal. Everything just changed so much looking back now.
There may be happy times, but there are also sad times. Friends should always learn to help each other when they are in need. They should never be taken for granted. That was a mistake I make, which I kept and learn from it.


March
As the footsteps of syf was drawing near (which it didn't), we practice at victoria concert hall the first round, which happens to be one of my friends' birthday. Singing there was great, but Sars came and drag it til July. We sang at Nanyang Girls' auditorium instead. Everything was happening exactly on the same day! I managed to catch a vocal concert at Esplanade the first time too.
My first seen musical was on the same week at ACS Barker, untitled "Exodus".
Choir Workshop at HIHS! It has really taught me how to sing in a choir competition. The workshop was useful after all. However, schools were closed due to SARS for weeks til april..


April
School finally reopened, but there were temperture checkings everywhere! Although syf performance was postponed suddenly, I was glad that we had actually much more time to prepared for it. Two of my friend's birthday was on the same month! But I was really guilty for not giving them any presents. We were hardly together though. Hopefully I can make it up on their next coming birthdays.
I was assigned as an asst. sectional leader for sopranos and librarian in choir commitee! I never been a leader much, but after being just an assistant, I realise the pressure they may face. But I must learn the cope with it as time passed though.
I had my first sectionals with the batch of sec ones in syf competition. It was really fun teaching them, although I may be mixed up with my counting of beats regularly.


Mid year exams in May. The sound of it really makes people is so serious. I spent lots and lots of time studying it.. and I realise how lucky I manage to get my position last year. People behind me can actually do better than me if they have work more harder. How lucky I must have been to be in 4th position.
Singing the wedding choir was really fun! Despite being a non-christian, I could actually seen how a church wedding was like.


Choosing of Subject Combination was right before the June holidays. I had a hard time making the right choice, but I've finally made up my decision.
I went to winnie's concert too!
There were thanksgiving practices as well as syf practices during the holidays. So do holiday assignments. Although I still had to go to school, it's really much better than to spend my holidays at home.


July marks one of the most memorable events for choir. We obtained silver in SYF Central Judging Competition! Most of us shed tears of happiness..the most happy feeling I ever had. It was really a miracle, and somehow, the best pride of something I had through the years.
Thanksgiving was also included! But I just felt disappointed for not being able to dance this year. We sang love in any language and any dream will do anyway!
Mega project! After spending hours and hours, I finally sold my very own art piece..the shirt! There comes a feeling of great sastisfaction.


A farewell function was held for the 4Es and 5Ns during august. I managed the learn "Sing Out" while the alto practise their item! But what I planned isn't great. We sang songs(sign~)..Maybe we could dance like altos too. And the guys were great too! They said the rap on "dan chao fan"..I'm really gonna miss the ensemble. If they could sing just one last song..

September was another month of fun! I cycle with my friends at bishan park and even learn to blade. But I didn't really succeed though. :)
Teacher's day wasn't really a nice one. My friends and I were chased out of our primary school! But what I'm glad was that, we were able meet each other once again.
I watch my second musical too.. Forbidden City @ Esplanade. I was glad I never miss it too!
The choir sang the school song when the acting minister of education came. It's was only hours before my grade 6 piano practical! It really wasn't a great one though, but I did manage to pass.
Choir camp! It wasn't really a great one, but people still had fun from it.


October was a month of pressure. The composure was tense everywhere and people are just concentrating on their books and revising. The most important of my year. I've slept at 12 almost everyday too. But I was glad it was over!
I learnt many things about leading during the leadership camp held right after exams. Although it's the toughest camp I've ever been to, I was glad that I was able to learn much from it.


I had my sec two promotion camp during the first few days of November. I got to the first class! Through the camp days, I get to know more about the new classmates too. We had fun climbing and playing at the camp..
There's still choir practices during the holidays! We practice songs as well as the dance we're having for the PHatasy contest during december. Another recording to made! And this time, it's the song "I'm gonna travel".


The second choir camp during december! It was much much better than the previous one held.. and instead of one day, it's 3D and 2N. The camp was a fun and nice one overall. We played the game "Contact" through the second night, and it was so fun!
Finally the PHatasy concert! Everything was a success last night..isn't it? Although we didn't perform quite well.


Just so many things that I've encountered! But what's most important, is that to learn from the mistakes you've made, and remember all the happy times you have! Happy New Year to all!

Read My Guestbook! | Sign My Guestbook!

No comments: