The sound of raindrops could be heard, while I woke up to a world of reality - to which when I checked and asked for the actual time. My heart leaped. I was ONLY about 15 minutes from my actual report time -- 7.45. As I was rushing, my mother handed me a sum of money to board a cab.
I finally arrived in the chapel at 8.10 -- Five minutes earlier before the latest time(8.15) given by Pastor Wee. Lucky me! I quickly settled down beside my choir seniors before first talk by Pastor Wee begins.
What is a leader?
Someone who has a vision, and is able to influence a group of people towards his vision.
We were grouped into various groups - Prudence, Steadfastness, Humility, Fairness, Trust and Integrity. Mine was Hot hot Humility! Mr Steven Wee was in charge of our group and Adeline was in the same group as me! I got to know...
-Maria(Gym), the only sec three girl in our group;
-Azimah, from library;
-Melissa, only sec one CO girl in our group;
-Jasmine(Student Councillor) -Phyllis(Band)
The boys...
-Sufyan (NCC)
-Shawn (IT media)
-Chester (Leo Club)
Throughout these few days, I get to know more about the people in our group. Even the boys as they were very cooperative when it comes to doing things, and they're very automatic. Unlike the past groups I have had in class, they help us girls a lot to them.
Having to group with them was the most fortunate thing to do (out of the whole camp), and I had never regretted it. Some of the times, I would feel very left out, for doing the least things. Thus, I would try to do whatever I can be done to be part of a helper. It's really unforgetable experience...
Law Of Navigation (By. Pastor Goh)
Anyone Can Steer the Ship, but it Takes a Leader to Chart the Course
In this workshop, it talks about the vision that a leader has. Vision can be anything! A dream, or a target in which one has set into his life. To make the vision better, Navigators(leaders) got to plan the trip ahead and draw from experience. Navigators had also got to listen to opinions and examine the conditions before making commitments.
Law Of Connection (By. Pastor Wee)
Leaders Touch a Heart Before They Ask for a Hand
Through this workshop, it has really taught us the correct way of leading people. Many leaders had demanded their people to do something, however, they had not touched the hearts of each individual under them. This part of law is really important, as the stronger the relationship and connection between individuals, the more likely the follower will want to help the leader. It has really been the most pressing law throughout all the five laws that I've learnt during the camp.
Lunch was quite similar to what I have during choir camp. Food was available in packets and drinks were offered in plastic cups provided by the church. Some might wonder: "Do we need to pay money for it?" Ans: "No! The school had pay entirely just for the sake of training the future student leaders."
Two experimential sharing was held right after the lunch by Maj Leow and Maj David Tan respectively. What had inspired me most, was Maj David's childhood dream. He had dreamed of flying the world most biggest Singapore state flag during the national day, and it had finally became true during 1996.
To be Continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment