It really sucks when your freaking experimental assay eats up your entire day.
But what really kept me going was the thought of how your results might have potential breakthrough in the treatment of various cancers. And of course, being a student, I definitely yearn for good results (who doesnt?) and I desperately need this to be good cos its worth 8 credits - a miracle or a disaster for my CAP.
It also sucks whenever you've done goes down the drain. What made me feel even worse was the wastage was media which you knew was freaking expensive.. And the disappointment in performance (even though not expressed.)
Painful lessons learnt:
1) Never to underestimate the amount of sleep and rest require for your experiments.
2) Prepareness for experiments. If you knew that you are preparing for something or performing something, prepare first and not assume that people will guide you. Rehearse the procedures or rather, know why exactly you are performing each steps.
3) Alertness. I almost want to 'kill myself with plastic fork' (quoted by BM) on tuesday. Before. Doing anything, think twice. Double confirm.
I had the longest day from 7.15am to 7.15pm. Struggling to keep my mind alert cos of insufficient rest. At the final step, I had to keep reminding myself, 'screw this up and I still waste mya entire day of effort.'
Got to change my sleep habits. GARRRRR...
No comments:
Post a Comment