Friday, August 28, 2009

Week Thr33

I'm really glad that it's the weekends. *Takes a Deep breath*

One hectic week indeed when tutorial classes start officially. Projects and assignments start coming in. Papers and notes to read before lectures.

I've let my guard down too much. Been idling too much during the previous weekend. Poorly managed weekend schedule leads to disastrous week. Overlooked the other modules too much as well - especially ES1301, IT1001, CM1417. I've been putting too much attention on my 2 core modules. Buck up Tian.. better put words into action - especially when one CA is coming up this wed!

University is one great place that requires great deal of self-discipline, independence. Only you yourself are accountable for your grades, how you're gonna live your life throughout that great 4 years - mug all the way or play or both. Consistency is just so crucial!! It just takes one's courage to move out of your usual circle and really get to know more people - especially how pitiful my situation is (when none of my OG members read the same modules this semester as me) but I'm really glad that there's still Fang Cheng here..

Had my first choir practice on Thursday. I can't attend their Monday's practice.. so I'm a bit lagging behind. Could find the dance studio at first so ended up late. Saw Nelson Kwei... (yes, famous conductor) and sang the 3 pieces. It's been a really long time since I sang in such a big chorus man. Really look forward to singing for their concert.. and hopefully overseas competition next year at Europe as well! Roars!

SPS is really a new experience - lots of interactive session with mentors when you discuss about scientific topics and many people there are really intellectual.. Ah.. can be a scary bit.. But hopefully all this will train me to think out of the box more.. *prays hard*

I getting real broke when I haven't even meet up with my old pals yet. Notes printing, books, transport fees, choir fees.. oh dear.. money just can't drop from the sky!

Perhaps I should search for a better paying lobang.. but my timetable is just so fantastic. How?

Sigh.. hopefully I can finish up some loose ends before heading out tomorrow. NUSChoir cum VE day =)

No comments: