Thursday, August 13, 2009

I think.. I'm soo... kiasu..

Cos I'm a true-blue singaporean!

I can't believe that I'm actually spending my 2-3 hours break mugging in library!
(I never did that in polytechnic man!)
So much that I had to swallow bread and donut within 5 minutes before my next lesson.

I didn't enjoy studying molecular genetics back in polytechnic.
But somehow, I just got so enthused with mitosis and meiosis.
(even though today's lecturer is 'fantastic')

Really hope I can keep this momentum going and not wear down!

Somehow, I realized that revision is not a boring thing after all if you put your heart into it.
Not selecting what you want to learn but embrace what's given.
The drive to get those facts right!

During the past few days, I learn that:
- One should be firm of her goals and directions - not let your heart succumb to peer influence and fear of being alone. Believe in yourself.
- I'm working bit by bit on confidence. Today, I took up one challenge, shivering but heck - why care about being wrong? I just raise my hand.. and ta da! I'm happy with the end result =)
- Expect and accept the things you don't like but you'll definitely have to face it somehow in future. Not avoid. Learn from the process.
- Learning to interact well with people of different backgrounds and find a way to tolerate their shortcomings.
- Learn to make way for new stuffs - when its time to let go, be realistic. Especially when schedule doesn't allow - which is the most annoying thing, yes. Looks like I'm unable to perform for entire concert this year.. so naive of me to think that uni schedule very free. Nono.. ET not superwoman..

My only concern is that.. NUSChoir will still let me join despite my monday sps nights :(. Oh pretty pretty please!

No comments: