Saturday, May 09, 2009

Do I have the passion for it?




Went for NTU SBS tea session today.
Yesyes.. I went to accompany my dear zhuang yan.
Am really glad that she's able secure a place for BS degree.
Same for my fellow classmates.. Ida, ram, hafiz.
(Even though this is my 3rd time at ntu and 2nd SBS tour :X)

Saw many familiar faces from our poly cohort there as well.
I wonder how it'll be like at NUS LS tea session.
And light snacks are definitely not as light as they claim to be..
Cos ida took like.. 3 servings?! Lols..
Shouldn't have waste money on MOSBurger la.
Zzz..

Back to the major choice I have to make:
I decided to go with my heart.
I will still go ahead with NUS life sciences.

Yes, I will not brood over the pull factors of NTU BS again.

Familiar faces?
Just like how I entered NYP MB back in 2006,
I was all alone. My closest school mates went to JC.
Then, I managed to overcome it.
And here am I today.
Not ashamed at all to say
I'm a Diploma with Merit holder.

Small cohort?
Yes. This bugs me a lot.
But to think of it again,
Why be scare of a bigger, smarter cohort?
Cos at the end of the day,
it's how much dedication, commitment and hardwork you put in
to achieve your goals.
Not by what grades you and your course mates get admitted for.
You've seen many examples in polytechnic itself.
So why the lack of confidence?
We have the hands-on experience and exposure.

That extra one year off? More specialised degree?
University is definitely not gonna be the same as Polytechnic.
Not much nice lecturers that spoon feed you with notes. Harder papers.
Your peers is gonna be a lot smarter and hardworking than what you have in polytechnic.
So life is definitely not going to be easy to go in straight to 2nd year.

Waste one year extra?
Instead of thinking like that, I see it as the time allowed for adapting to university life..
And for goodness sake - I haven't studied since september last year?!
So I guess it'll be safe to make use of this time to build up my fundamentals again while I learn and experience new electives like theatre, korean. Why dread about the non-related modules that you've to take?

I read this article about "How to Follow your passion"




'...experiment with different things. You won't find your passion by sticking to
one thing at first, you must try out different things and make mistakes along
the way. Mistakes is how we learn and grow. Feel free to not know what it is you
want. This is fine. You are experimenting and that's better than doing something
others tell you, and you aren't getting joy from. Realize that the process of
finding out what your passion may be is challenging, but worthwhile in the long
term. This may take time, but you will see that the process makes you stronger
and wiser in the end.'



So.. let those electives be my experiments!

Even though it is more practical to graduate faster and work faster, I believe that experience gained will be more valuable.

Harder QET?
Work hard and do my best lor..
Can pass good la.
Cannot pass means too bad la.

I found comments saying that the prospects of a life science degree is bleak. Nevertheless, it doesn't matter if I've to study many years all the way to PhD to climb up the ladder in the research field.. cos it is passion that matters. It is just like why people still want to pursue medicine even though it takes years to get a MBBS.

With all these..
I will not brag about it anymore.
So, NUS. Here I come! =)

Shuddup hafiz!
Don't psycho me anymore.
Give up psychoing bah! Woohoo~

No comments: