Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I need lots of courage...

to survive the ordeal.

Blame me for my absentmindedness at that point in time.
That I had an unsurrendered item when my bag was checked.
What's best is that, the first thing the guy picked up was..
my bright orange pouch that I just got for X'mas.
Out of all that mess in my bag
And it contained - that forbidden item.

"So do you have any camera phones with you?"
He's already opened out the pouch.
And the next moment, he seized the item.
I didn't had the chance to explain.
I didn't think it'll helped much anyway cos they'll still seized it.

Definitely don't want my last day of 2008 to be so miserable.
Hopefully it'll just be a warning and that's it.
And so, my first new year resolution is:

1) To be more Alert next time tian!

Other than that, I guess my other resolutions will be more or less related to what I want to do after graduation..

2) Be more confident and firm of thyself in my decisions, things I want to do and not just speak it without doing them:
- Take up Classic Singing
- Setting up an Alumni Group for VE or just an a ccapella group
- Hopefully still get to perform
- Continue to assist Dr Mark in previous fyp project prior to start of Uni.
- Further studies in a local university --> I want to be a researcher!

3) Apply for both NUS life sciences and NTU biological sciences. Apply for scholarships, even though chances are slim.. but I'm still gonna go for it. At least I've tried. No regrets. Be Bold girl!

Even though some colleagues at dso encouraged poly grads to pursue undergrad overseas, I've still decided on local university. I guess taking a longer route didn't really matter anymore.. cos I will want to experience university life more - just like how jc students do for 4 years here. Like what Dr mark said too. I guess after that 9am-6pm IAP experience, I find that worklife can be pretty monotonous unless one enjoys the job that he does. I didn't want to study and work part-time due to that as well.

4) Spent more time with my family. Showing more concerns for my brothers.

5) Planning for future finances.

6) Starting a sports hobby to keep fit! Hopefully it can be maintained on weekly basis.

7) Not be so self-centered but show care for others from time to time. Cherish people around you more.

8) Continue to perservere and challenge myself. Be more outspoken - particularly in expressing my views. It all comes back to courage.

No comments: