Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My decision...

I've made my decision for semester two's attachment - after much dilemma.

I give up the thought of OIPP*. Decided to head on with local attachment. Unless.. I strike lottery.. But well, sometimes you can't just anticipate things to happen. It will be a financial burden for my family.. so why think so much?

*OIPP stands for Overseas Industrial Placement Program

I went for Australian Universities Open House at Orchard Hotel. Thanks to wan rong who informed me about it. The couple of us who went visited many booths - University of Griffith, Murdoch, Queensland, ANU and Flinders. Didn't managed to visit UNSW's booth sadly cos the open house was ending already.

If I'm getting a local degree, I'm gonna do NTU's biological science/material science. This time, I'm not gonna let my desire to get into some reputable choirs be a factor in my decisions. It's the degree that matters at the end of the day anyway.

I still weighing my options on whether to study overseas. Shall send in applicaions anyway =). (After I finish this semester!) Besides the experience you'll get there, there'll be flexibility in choice of course modules that you can take per semester. Plus advanced standing for poly students up to 2 years!

Money? See if can get scholarships a not. Maybe get loans from relative for overseas living expenses.

Away from home and family Freedom is of course what most students are looking for. But it's the tiny bit of fear that I have for the need to leave your hometown to live in some place foreign. Am I gonna be prepare for it? How about the sacrifices I'm gonna make (chinese new year, birthdays, christmas celebration)?

My family and friends?
If I don't have the problems as mentioned above, this is what I care most. My brothers - are they going to cope well with their academics? My parents - will they be as well as now? My friends - will we drift apart?

Mmm.. maybe I'll not worry so much for now til week 20 comes (end of exams!) :o)

No comments: