
Finally finished this 32-episodes korean drama series in 4 days. So shiok sia! Though this is a rather long series, I feel that it is still worth the watch cos it is very unlike those long K historical dramas that are so long and draggy. (But there are still draggy parts la)
For computer/playstation gaming freaks, I think you might like this cos some of their scenes use motion graphics that combined very well with their background music (best if you got really good stereo speakers at home). Feels really like gaming to me. Plus fascinating plot which involves four gods that are actually found in Feng Shui.
I really love the instrumental pieces they use in the series - so enchanting and beautiful! Was trying to hunt for the soundtrack online when I saw this:
"... composed by Hisaishi Joe, a famous composer who worked with Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Monoke). Expect an epic and final fantasy-like music. "
Woah! I'm gonna get the soundtrack.. hopefully its available in local stores already. Maybe you might wanna listen to this:
Did that gave you goosebumps?

I'm not a fan of Bae Yong Jun (Pei Yong Jun) though he's known for his auntie-killer looks since Winter Sonata. After 5 years since that show, I think he's done a pretty good job in this. Think he looks much better too in this historical setting of the Legend than modern setting of WS.
Needless to say, this drama, being the most expensive production, is also the one that clinch the most awards in MBC awards 2007 - beating even shows like Coffee Prince!
So, Catch it! For the soundtrack, plot, motion graphics and of course, for Bae Yong Jun if you're his fan. =)
More info here.
No comments:
Post a Comment