I was hunting for it yesterday. The cd track was sold out in all cd outlets I visited at causeway point. Then, while munching my burger away at MOS with my bro, I still refuse to give up the thought of searching.
As I was on my way to Ben's house at serangoon, I made a hasty decision to drop off at douby gout to continue my hunt at plaza singapura.
Then again, 'Sold Out' for the first two outlets I went to. I headed straight to the top level and...
Bingo! There were two tracks sitting on the rack.
Yesyes. I found myself a new idol - Joe Hisaishi, the composer of The Legends OST.

Known primarily as Hayao Miyazaki's preferred composer on nearly every one of his films, Joe Hisaishi is often hailed as Japan's greatest modern day composer, and, to his credit, he already has an amazing five Japanese Academy Awards under his belt for Best Music. Hisaishi's main body of work tends to be anime films, but he has also scored numerous live action films as well during his two decade career.
Nah, I didn't watch Howl's Moving Castle and I only had slight memories of spirited away. But just this OST alone is enough to tell me how good he is, though this was his first project for korean tv drama.
Shall highlight certain tracks of the OST =)

3. Opening Theme
I love the theme used! Its damdeok's/king's theme. The start already blow me off when bright tone of DiZi brings in the theme with harp accompaniment. Note the theme after 0:51. Loves the combination and balance between the strings and DiZi!
11. Damdeok's Theme (Bravery)
To portray the king's bravery, Hisaishi chose brass for the theme. Think he also did a clever job by making the theme 'hop' with pizzicato double bass motif, wavering strings and horse-galloping-like percussion.
4. War of Gods
Used to portray the battle between the four gods featured in the drama - phoenix, white tiger, blue dragon and black turtle-snake. Nice combination of ethnic voices, DiZi and drum to depict battle. Occasional add-ins by brasses and strings.
Well well, I shall stop here cos I'll end up highlighting all tracks. Anyway, shall list my other favourite tracks though:
12. Geomeul Village
15. Victory
18. First Love
A very dreamy, sweet piece about the feelings of first love with harp accompaniment, flute, clarinet, then cello and strings.
1. Thousand Year Love Song - By TVXQ
2. Approval - By Jun Seo
Both 1 & 2 has really beautiful lyrics. I'm gonna try and post the chinese translations here - especially Approval, very touching if you know the plot of the story.
3 & 7 Sujini's Theme (Loneliness)
Uses the tune of Approval. 3 is orchestral version while 7 is piano version respectively.
Heehee, if you aren't satisfied with my review of The Legend earlier, why not try this?
No comments:
Post a Comment