I definitely know how concert managers feel in general as concert day draws. Worrisome.
Quotes something I got from my recent marketing lecture:
"Plans are useless, planning is everything" - Dwight Elsenhower (after the Normandy invasion)
Sounds kinda contradictive, isn't it?
And No. That does not mean that our concert is gonna fail. *touches wood* I just want to emphasize how important plannings are. Without them, there is simply no clear destination.
Can you imagine if none of these plannings didn't come into place earlier?
Expect more casualties.
With plannings, we are able to measure the success of our activities and the right actions to take. Most of all, plannings has to be done within the right time frame - no last minute please.
It may work for some people, but this is a no-no for me. I am not a person who can work with impulse. And I don't think this works for many sorts of events too - especially concerts. Definitely got to plan way ahead of time.
My very first attempt in running a concert (rather than performing solos actually - I already have a handful of experience in that). In reality, there may be plans, but there are lots of things you cannot predict or see (especially as a first timer). But I am very thankful for those past performing and managing experience that I got. (And that I am able to pick them out to apply it) Of course, though concert is just a small one, or that ve has low profile - this is of great importance for me.
I am not one perfect leader. But no matter how concert's gonna turn out, I believe that I will have already done my best with my current capabilities and given situation. Should something be wrong? *which I pray hard there won't be* It's a learning experience and I'll make sure that the next time I do it, I don't commit the same faults again.
The greatest challenge of a leader involves the gaining your subordinates' trust & commitment - Establishing teamwork. The worst things to happen in a committee are disputes. Which thankfully, there isn't within the ve committee now.
Worries can't be prevented to some extent - but other than spending all those times worrying, think of solutions. Spend quality time so that you know you've already done your best at the end of the day.
Follow where your heart leads you to.
Singing is my passion. Though I lost & gave up the chance of being in reputable choirs, I do not regret joining voice ensemble. No matter how tough it is during the process of making one ordinary choir improve, all this have brought my love for singing to a much higher level. This is something that is very much different from those performance experiences that I got back then.
There are far more reasons why I chose to leave the other committee. Not only because of my busier schedules, my studies. In fact, I see no point in continuing something which I do not enjoy very much. Planning of those activities seem very much like a chore than something which I enjoy doing.
And I do not feel committed at all after the many incidents that had happened (or rather, still happening?). But still, I'll remember those fun gossiping times we had. *oops*
I feel that we are like the rubbish collection centre. Or rather, accessories. I despise that sort of attitudes. Want-help-then-look-for-us. Got stuffs don't want then throw to us. Worst scenario, taking our help for granted. Are these tasks our responsibility?
If that's what you think of me, seek help from someone else. Otherwise, please change that attitude of yours. We have our opinions too.
There's ought to be someone to confront situation. I am gonna let this matter rest - not sure how things are gonna turn out, but nevertheless, I'm gonna try my best.
May my prayers and faith help me through concert week and the subsequent weeks after that.
For peeps who didn't get the tickets, I apologise deeply cos seats are really limited. Unless you won't mind sitting on the steps... I'll really appreciated it But still, wait for my answers - will give you my replies before next week. =)
Really gotta run now. See ya guys. =)
1 comment:
top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]free casino games[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]realcazinoz[/url] autonomous no set aside perk at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]charitable casino games
[/url].
Post a Comment