Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Didn't had the intention to come online. But there were some lines I heard in a hong-kong drama serial that I wanted to post it down here before I forget.



"Having a talent without knowing it is useless. Somebody's got to realise your talent before you know it. From there, you find your goal in life."



Those lines actually brought me back to the past - just like chancing upon an object that you've keep it hidden over a long period of time. How I came to realise that I have the ability to sing. How music came to change my life. Initially, I thought music was nuts.. all those resentment I had whenever I'm forced to practice piano by my mother. Now it still does.. But I'll practice like nuts for songs I like. :X


While I was primary six, there was always sing-a-long friday - some activity held in conjunction to the english curriculum. My teacher was looking for GUY lead singers. (I still don't know I can sing then.) We started learning "Any Dream Will Do".. through which a comment was given by my friend about my singing. I was stunned - and from then on, I started singing and singing. But! It didn't came as a passion to me then.


Moving on the secondary one (and yes! I had to thank yvonne for her reminders), the first friend I made was Yvonne! And yes.. it was her who told me that I sing Majulah Singapura nicely.. and yes! It was her who suggested to me about joining choir.


And here am I today. The four years made me realise more about music (instead of it being nuts before that). I learnt to appreciate choral music - I trained my singing in toilets, took up choral lessons.. And found out that I prefer singing to playing piano..


But most importantly - I found my true self. During singing, I'm not the usual introvert you find. Through singing, I learn to be bold, to lead, to express myself like I've never been before. I find my passion in life.


Choral music now makes my passion and goal of life - something that I'll keep on pursuing.


I've managed to move on to the higher level that I've always wanted - singing in AJchoir. (or should I say.. get the experience?)


But I still wish I could pursue my dreams further - Choir Olympics at Xiamen, China. If fate allows me to, it shall be the greatest contentment I've ever achieved.


I'm willing to work hard if fate allows me to stay on and pursue what I want.


If fate allows me to..
I'll keep on praying.


I really treasure the new bonds I made in AJ. I really do.


Can somebody help me with GP? My english sucks.

No comments: