Saturday, July 30, 2005

stressed up

Just a quick, brush-up entry before I'm off to mugging mood again for commont tests..*pretty unwillingly to*

Never felt so tense up before when candance, shang yi and I had to choose over social etiquette and music 'o' level lesson. Initially, we thought an excuse letter to st nics would solve everything.. but the music teacher aren't really happy to see us skipping the thursday lesson. We've requested for the lesson on wed with the mep students of st nics.. but they insisted us to attend the thursday lesson. What we're really unhappy, is that our school had simply neglected the presence of the students who take music 'o' levels. Firstly was mrs lew who gave the sour look when we couldn't attend thurday chinese remedials. Now social etiquette.

Couldn't our teachers understand us? It's our last year.. and I'd rather skip the etiquette than attending it with other classes. We've been with our classamates for nearly two years.. and there would surely be no fun if we were to go with the other classes that we're not familiar with.

Meanwhile, I'm just simply reluctant to pull myself off the superstar show. Maybe shiang yng was right.. common tests can't change our lives. We still need to eat even during common test, so why can't watch tv? And so, I sort of scrape through geography notes before I'm off to catch the male contestants in superstar. AND, I didn't study a single scrape for music mock exam..

So was the same thing i did on thursday. I was having migraine from the super tough music paper earlier, and I've only reached home at 8! Once again, I'm scraping through biology, and not touch maths.

And the papers were.. terrible. Careless mistakes and biology.. many uncertainties for not study much on micro-organism.

Stress..

And finally, shang yi, candance and I thus decide on to go with our class while we attend the wed lessons (had to skipped physics).

Meanwhile, despite ct, I don't regret for catching project superstar on wednesday. Jun yang was highest.. and I'm really glad that I didn't support him for nothing. Really felt that his vocals are the best out of all.. and he really has the potential in singing that really doesn't touch the hearts of many people out there.

His 'electrifying gaze' could simply kill his female supporters (including me). Kelvin did a nice job too.. but I'm kinda worried over the way he sings although he's always on pitch.

So what Jun yang isn't very good looking? He has vocals and the gaze of the superstar! A superstar is someone who really can sing and express his songs, such that they touch the people's hearts..

This priority must outshine the singer's looks.

On the whole, I really felt that many young singaporeans judge contestants based only on their looks. Such situation is unlike those in america.. where singers like ruben can win american idol.

What I really abhore, are singers who are famous for looks instead of singing. Why shouldn't those singers be super models instead? Why not develop talented people who have more potential than those "cute-looking" singers? They made bad reputation of the music world! So what if those musically talented people aren't that good looking? Like what lee wei song said to ruth.. "So what you're fat? you have your style in singing, and that makes you special". A look isn't what you can control as it is in-born. But a talent can. So why judge on people's appearance?

No comments: