Monday, November 08, 2004

buzz..in the state of drowsiness

It's been after a week of school break. But what significant things have I done all these while? All these times.. I've thought of completing at least some of my holiday assignments. But what now? I've done absolutely nothing!

Meanwhile.. holidays were turning into school days. What's the use of these break with all those damn assignments our teachers gave. A break from torment? Being sarcastic. 2 months of holidays.. all scattered with choir practices, trip to hong kong, projects, holidays assignments. Where's our free time anyway?

Choir concert - 15th dec. It comes in about a month's time. Seems long.. but time could play lots of tricks on me. Months ago, I formed a singing group to compete in sort of a "talent quest" competition. We sang tea for two.. an olden sixties, seventies love song. From the very beginning, I knew that the song wouldn't gain any popularity from the school audience. What more? We can't expect the best from the school's PA system. Most people can't ever hear us. What more! I didn't knew that it's based on, "the loudest claps from the audience"? Come on!

Miracle! Damn it.. rumours, jeers from the crowd. Really hate bringing the past up.. but, we won the prize just because of the three judges. Sheer luck. But just don't understand. What's talent quest for? It's not popularity quest! Singaporeans. Just look at singapore idol. People vote for looks instead of talent! Let's see.. if you think I'm just blabbering nonsenses, try this: rename singapore idol as beauty contest then. How about.. miss, mr singapore?

Once again, we're singing as a group for our coming choir concert. Tea for two? No thanks.. although it may appeal to most adults. Wanna guess what's our next song is? Bingo! Theme for F.R.I.E.N.D.S --> I'll be there for you. Got to go through audition before we could sing for the concert. After the first hearing, our conductor gave us lots of warnings. It's not an easy song.

Recently, the group just had slight quarrels over the song. Girls insist on stopping, guys insist to continue with it. And me? I'm sort of like an neutral party, just sitting there and staring into space. I do care a lot! I just hate quarreling over these matters. If you guys find the song hard, why choose this song in the first place? If you find it a waste of time, why practice then? If you want to continue, what not make your best effort to learning the parts? Lots of anger shot through me.. just like that. Felt like venting those fumes out.. but I just don't want things to get any further. I've high hopes on having a singing group. But what's the result? Insults, rumours, disagreement over group members. Is this what I hope for? No! Am I a failure? No!

Really hope the group members would cooperate well with each other. Never discourage yourselves by just one comment! Practice makes perfect. Your time spent wouldn't go down to waste!

No comments: