My English Paper was yesterday. Can't doubt if I can do well, but I just hope that would not find myself in the weekly's english remedial. My weakest subject always.
Something really unexpected happened though. My commonwealth compo assignment got selected as one of entries for competition. Amazed right? I never expect that I would write well as compared to one of my choir juniors. Never. No matter how I try, mine would never score high. My only best entry.
There were four of them, three who were really great in english, except for me. I'm so afraid though, perhaps it's really luck which help me. Or maybe my prayer worked.
That compo was really a lot of time spent, the only compo I worked longest upon. Will I sustain such results during my tests? Hopefully..
Chemistry was today. I did the almost last minute revision though..really risky. To my relief, all topics were mostly revised through my lower secondary sciences. Hope I can score! But I guess don't.. (Being optimistic)
Here's part of my compo!
Around the Corner…
A soft, somewhat soothing sound came from a distance to where I was. What could it be? The tides were tremendous; they hit the shores forcefully, with splashing waters running up to my ankles. “Splish, splash…” Waves came to and fro, lasting throughout eternity, and hitting to the unceasing rhythm. Still and yet alluring, the whistling sound stayed dangling, luring people to which it seemed to be doing. “Splish, splash…” Blue waters rose and fell continuously, creating wonderful pieces of art work. ‘Perhaps I’m just imagining.’ I thought, wondering off listlessly without any further ado. ‘How captivating indeed…’
It did not last long. Ominous black clouds gathered across the horizon, engulfing the once gaping scenery. The bad omen was visibly approaching. In the next moment, the tidal waves were moving relentlessly, creating a greater impact on a much higher ground. I glanced in all directions hurriedly, hoping for a place to shelter. Just then, there was something which caught my attention – a cave at the cliff. Without further hesitation, I scrambled desperately towards it, grabbing my shoes along.
Luck was not on my side. As drops of rain landed heavily on me, it slipped through my clothing, sending chills down my spine. Gritting my teeth, I nudged my way through the downpour, aching to reach the cave any minute. The view was fuzzy and barely clear, with the grains of wet sand fiddling with my bare soles. Is there really a cave? Millions of thoughts went pass my mind.
Despite the hitting of rain drops on the ground, the whistling sound goes on endlessly, pressing me to go on. It seemed to give me hope, pulling me through the worries I had.
“You’ll be there around the corner,” It whistled to me. “Carry on!”
It was an ‘encouragement’ that urged me to go on. As I proceeded further, I recited the verse solemnly in my mind. In a moment, I spotted a glimmer of light, glowing luminously despite the heavy pour of water from the sky. Was it an illusion that I had? The whistling grew louder as I went nearer it…
Only part of the story is posted.. haha
That's all!
Song featuring.. If We Hold On Together..
On your speakers loud! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment