*Addition to this entry..
Happy 38th Birthday, Singapore!
Mmm, although it's a bit late, well, Singapore still celebrates its 38th independance day. Too lazy to write in 2 weeks, heehee...
Introducing my 2nd ever song I've made into midi--> Ubi Caritas! Well, I've always wanted to have a midi of it, and now...mission accomplished! While listening this song from time to time, it brings back the days when the choir had sung it during our choir practice, as well as our choir performance held last year.
What does Ubi Caritas means actually? From what I recall, I remember means something about "God and love"? Whether it's about the one above a not, I enjoyed singing this song so much. (I'm not a christian) Although we sopranos had to keep repeating "ubi caritas et amor", I enjoyed a small part sang by the altos; the part near the the end of the song. "Exsultemus etinipso jucundemur..."
Common test next week! Seems like just a twink of an eye. You know what, we had actually had another replay for our thanksgiving during the friday's assembly, 1st of August. Just imagine...wear the choir gown 4 times within a month to perform, haha. After a week of rest for SYF, we finally had our choir practice on tuesday! Yipee!(I've always love choir practices)
We are going to thailand during the december holidays! I've been thinking that thailand isn't a nice place after all, but maybe not. There maybe beautiful scenary..and we are going to perform in one of the greatest university over there! Just hope my mother allow...
We are also having a school concert in at the end of year! The choir will be performing, as well as the band and dance in the Singapore Conference Hall. Nice place a not? Should be, cause the place quite big...and my uncle works there! Maybe I can see him when we went to perform...:) I've been there a lot of times! To see my primary school's concert, teenagers performing solo items on chinese instruments as well as piano. I just can't wait for the day to come..
Mentioning of going to thailand, my history teacher had wanted to bring us to "death railway" during the september holidays for a heritage trip to learn about the POWs (prisoners of war) during the WW2, who built the railway during that time. I wanted to go..but my mother, haiz...
"Cannot! Later got terrorism. See the news? Just now got dunno what place bomb! Next time then go lar, never go won't die one right?"
I'll have to WAIT then...5 days four 4 nights during holidays! Haiz ya..go for choir practice lar. (I like that too anyway) ;) That's all I'm gonna write!
Yi Tian
"ETian from Hume.."
11 August 2003
Mmm, I don't usually do this, but for my past entry on "Downcast.." To me actually, well, this decision are actually part of your future plans. If you don't decid it carefully, just a miss of one step, everything will just go down the bin.
Counsellor? HPT? I've already made my decisions on joining MEP coz it takes up just lesser time than counsellor. It's just that, being a counsellor isn't a must, just getting extra cca marks and train your leadership, that's all, and why take up so many things? It won't help you with your science, maths and all other stuffs. Just choir and singing is enough for me, really enough and contented. Taking more doesn't mean you'll be happier. In fact, unhappier.
I'm not being a show-off to anybody actually. Seriously. You know how it's like being one? I hate people who show off too. I'm also not thinking so high of myself, getting into the first class, is it so easy for me? NO! There are competitors around me and many people obting A as their first choice. I may and may not get into the triple science, but the matter is, whether if I care to work hard, and do my best in the work. Everybody hopes to go into first class too! I'm just having a test, and testing to see if I have the ability. If I have, I try to cope with it; if not, I'll have lesser things to do. I'm also cheering my mother up part of the time.
Do people have two brothers like me at home, playing a fool when it comes to homework, and always think of an excuse to "escape" doing of homework? At least my third brother isn't so, but even now, I had difficulty teaching my kindergarten brother to learn simple spelling words like "red", "blue" and "green". I've to spend hours trying to get these words into his mind and after 3 hours of training, he can't get any word spelt out?
Many people knows that I've a primary 6 brother, but not many knows which stream is he in, or how well did he do in his work. In fact, my brother is in EM3. He's in EM2 at first during primary 5, but a subject had always pull him down time to time ---> maths. Have I help him? Yes! From time to time, I have gone through the maths problems with him, but in the end, everything has gone down to the bin. People had seldom ask me about him, and I dun even dare to tell anyone.
My mother is only good in chinese but poor in english. As the result, my second brother only does well in chinese. Helping my brother is the only thing I can do, before his PSLE comes. I really hope he will improve his maths, really hope so. Whether he can try his best to do well, depends on him, himself.
Don't wish to talk about it anymore, but I hope people understand. I''ve been getting along with a lot my classmates, as well as my sec 1 juniors...:) and choir pals! Forget to mention that the farewell for sec 4e and 5n choir pple is on 22 august as well as our SYF celebration. Just hope it'll be a unforgetable one for our big big seniors!
Yi Tian
"tuna!"
No comments:
Post a Comment