Saturday, September 19, 2009

Learning to break off... when it's near the brim

I really wish to play a part in many things. But it is really hard to accept the fact that, my life has changed and I've moved on. Busier schedules.. greater priorities. I just hate that fact that, I had to chose and prioritize my stuffs based on practicality. Like how I chose between SP2170 and choir practice. And there's so little space for slacking. Especially if you're in such a huge cohort of smart people.

Recalling what one of my poly lecturer told us, "I used to struggle quite a bit during my first year." Those words finally make sense to me now.

I'm no longer a superwoman anymore like I use to be. Even joining a subcommittee or performing needs serious considerations. I'm already falling back on revisions, tutorials, readings. Remember: Once your weekends are screwed, your week ahead is screwed.

I reached home late 4 out of 5 weekdays per week. Tired but still life goes on. That goes to show that self-discipline is not enough.

Recess week: Short but tons of catching up to do. Hallelujah.

Do not underestimate the gist of uni life. Cos if you do, it'll be too late before you realize you're wrong.

No comments: