Last week was hell as usual. Had my Cell Comm test on Monday which was another killer paper by WH again who wants to get a nice Bell-Shape Curve for the module's performance and 'separating the very good students from the rest'. Apparantly, his efforts in doing so created lots of displeasure.. I didn't like it as well. I mean, you can push students.. but don't play with our grades la. Sigh.. didn't do well for that paper but my first three tests pulled up my overall grade. Argh.. thankfully, I can bid farewell to both my electives now which made us study like mad even though it's just 2 module credits each.

The Bell-Shaped Curve he wants.
Tuesday was PCT test. 13 principles of Good Clinical Practices. Omgosh.. Finished the paper early but my mind just can't seem to remember the last two principles. It was til the last 5 minutes that I recall.. Zzzz... But all is fine cos it's a FAIR paper unlike Cell Communication's.
Wednesday was proteomics presentation. Then later that day, we FINALLY got to know our postings for IAP (Industrial Attachment Program). Didn't get the 6 months IAP I wanted. Sigh.. Anyway, will be doing 3 months FYP in school before heading out in december for 3 months IAP.
Seriously, I have no idea on whether to be happy a not cos 1) I'm gonna be attached to DSO National Laboratories, 2) I'll be going there alone, 3) I'll be doing PCR assays again, 4) both my best buddies got 6 months IAP, and 5)I have no idea what kind of research they do there for people in this field. I was feeling like a lost sheep then, thinking why on earth didn't I get 6 months when I've better grades (no offence). It was back home that I found out that DSO stands for "Defence Science Organisation".
Sigh.. I just need more assurance from people about this now.
I like Nisa's IAP! There's proteomics and immunology!!
Thursday, WH's sfg tutorial. Once again, he's 'playing' with our presentation scores again. More displeasures from people.. and it's worst than Cell Comm tests. Just hope that he'll do something about it soon. Later that night, received AK's message as a surprise cos I got to know that I'll be receiving a reward during national day celebration for a module. Ahaha.. I was just hoping that module was immunology but it turned out to be analytical biochemistry. Lols.. so pathetic la cos the rest who's receiving prizes in my MB cohort top in at least 2 modules. 0.0
Haha.. yea.. I scored distinction for A-B-C cos I know all how to recite all 26 alphabets! Lame.
Later that noon, I got a call from Dr Henry who told me that I'll be doing FYP under him.
Dr Henry: 'You gotta be really honest with me..
Are you comfortable working with mice?'
Me: 'Err... I guess so.. but what kind of work am I suppose to do with it?'
Dr Henry: '...you're suppose to retrieve its brain out after certain experiement..'
Me: *faints* 'By ourselves?'
Dr Henry: 'Yes of course! So if you're not comfortable then I'll try to source for other projects for you.'
Me: 'Err.. I think I'll not be comfortable with that.. though I've done dissection with frog before.'
Omgosh.. why must it be brain out of all places?! Give me other parts also can... but the thought be opening up the mice's head. *Goosebumps* Though I'm regretting a little now.. Working with animal models is cool.. I'm just not sure if I can handle the sight a not..
I guess I should watch more gruesome movies if I'm gonna do that FYP.
No comments:
Post a Comment