
Woo~ I have this feeling that my eyelids are gonna *picha!* any minute.
Very much wanted a nap. Should I?
Alright.. I shall continue chionging my cover letter and resume assignment first which is due on friday!
And I have many presentations to settle! Gosh.
Anyway, I had a movie session during thursday's MBID lecture:
Fatal Contact - Bird Flu in America
(It Began with One Man...)
Think it's a pretty heart-wrenching movie. Especially the part where the people's fear of death, stress and panic can drive them to do a lot of things like stealing of vaccines etc. How corpses of patients who died are dumped like rubbish dumps. Dead toll increasing by thousands every minute. Pandemic is definitely not something anyone can take for granted for. Especially viruses that can't even be seen by naked eye.
Pretty insightful - it shows us how the pandemic is viewed at different perspective (The scientists, the government and the citizens who know little about the disease). How the virus begins its spread from just one individual.
Makes me think of the many natural disasters that had happened through this years. China's Si Chuan Earthquake, Myanmar's Cyclone, SARS, Tsunami. Total number of deaths far exceed the singapore's population size.
Life is so delicate. Cherish it!
No comments:
Post a Comment