Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Relatives.


I'm so sick of them when they start to talk about what I do in school. Especially the part about comparing.


And so, some nephew or child of some friend you know is capable of managing work, cca and studies well.


They would tell my mum, 'Why can't your daughter be like he/she?'


Hello?! Not everyone is like your nephew or whatever friend's child you got there. Do you even know what I'm doing in school? What makes you think that I'm mingling around in school for fun and nothing else?


Not that I don't want to work. Just for the month of march itself (in the midst of vacation), I've to juggle between practices, lab work schedules, preparation for orientation and club crawl stuffs. I barely had time to even met up with my old friends. Sometimes I had to reach an extent that I'll be in school all the way from 10am to 10pm.


So what the heck am I doing? I'm an exco in my school's acad club. I've just been appointed president in my own cca (voice ensemble). Two heavy roles to handle til my 2nd semester. You think I'm not free enough right?


Let me tell you the next reason,auntie. I've not been taking voice and piano lessons for almost a year already. Why? My family has to cope with my poly sch fees. I want vocal lessons. I don't want to wait til I graduated. I'll lose the singing techniques I've accumulated through my sec school years.


Being in voice ensemble gets me in touch with those singing techniques at least. At the same time, I hope to gain more exposure in singing to mass audiences. That's why I chose to perform for sch 15th anniversary, dance musical. I yearn for an alternative career in musical theatre.


So much for ranting. My schedule's a slightly slack this week (cos no lab work yet). Really admire music arrangers man! Especially the way they combined a couple of songs into one. The transition from one song to another is incredible - it flows smoothly without clashes!


Wahaha, results out in 15 minutes' time. Good luck and have fun! *yawns lazily*

No comments: