Thursday, September 14, 2006

Song of the day: "Classical Symphony" - Serge Prokofiev


I happened to dig out the full orchestral score of "Classical Symphony" from my book shelf. A rather expensive textbook I had gotten for music 'o' levels back then. $40+! More costly compared to the money I forked out for the fifth edition of Harry Potter series.


It all happened last year. We had to study about dear Mr Prokofiev's lifestory. Not forgetting, the elements found within the first two movements of the "Classical Symphony". So are the other works he composed and when he composed it, when he left russia, where he went, and even how he died.


Just watched an old movie clip of "The Phantom of the Opera" from 1925. It kinda amazed me when I found it. Basically, the film runs only in black and white (of course), and unlike the modern coloured movies we have nowadays, you don't listen to how characters speak. You read it.


The old phantom looks more like frankenstein if you asked me. The mask on him looked pretty strange too. If you wouldn't mind sacrificing that 2 hrs of yours to watch it.. click here. But to warn you, the clip is rather dry, cause no nice music by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Don't even think he's born then!


Hope to get my hands on the modern version of POTO in VCD.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I ought to be doing something about the period of time between now til the mid oct.
VE practices are kinda fun so far - especially musical practices =).


Back to surf for phantom stuffs again!

No comments: